Location: Barrie Office: 149 Welham Rd Unit 13, Barrie, ON L4N 8Y3
Title: Senior Truss Designer
Department: Design Department
Salary: Based on Experience
Benefit: Dental care, vision care, extended health care, life insurance, RRSP contribution, vacation days, company events, casual dress
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., occasional over-time is required to meet deadlines.
Availability: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Working in an energetic; fast paced environment, your responsibilities will be creating production ready layouts for roofs and for residential or commercial buildings using digital drawings and 3-D drafting software, with a high level of accuracy and minimal supervision. You will also be asked to train junior designers and substantiate their work.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Developing truss layout designs to manufacture using MiTek SAPPHIRE software.
• Communicating and working with the Floor Design Department and Engineers when necessary, for specific design requirements.
• Interpret construction plans, building supplies plans and information, apply these files for quotes and production.
• Provide training to junior employees or co-op students and be a role model in their future career growth.
• Assist team members in resolving structural design problems and provide expert advice that may arise.
• Performs other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum 7 years of work experience in the truss industry.
• MiTek SAPPHIRE software experience is required.
• Knowledge of Ontario Building Code is required.
• Understanding of Truss Plate Institute of Canada.
• Extremely detail oriented.
• Functional math and computer skills.
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent professional work ethic.
• Must have a positive attitude and be a team player to support the team with demands and deadlines.
• Aptitude for critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making.