Title: Junior Truss Designer
Reports To: Truss Designing Group Leader
Department: Truss Design Department
Salary: Based on Experience
Benefit: Dental care, vision care, extended health care, life insurance, disability insurance, RRSP contribution, vacation days, company events, casual dress
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., occasional over-time is required to meet deadlines
Availability: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Working in an energetic; fast paced environment, your main focus will be creating layouts for roofs and for residential or commercial buildings using digital drawings and 3-D drafting software, with a high level of accuracy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Developing truss layout designs using MiTek SAPPHIRE software.
• Communicating and working with the Floor Design Department and Engineers when necessary for specific design requirements.
• Interpret construction plans, building supplies plans and information, apply these files for quotes and production.
• Performs other duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Graduate from an architectural, civil or construction engineering technology program (mechanical engineering graduates not accepted).
• 3 years of work experience in the engineering and truss industry is preferred but not required.
• MiTek SAPPHIRE software experience is an asset.
• Knowledge of Ontario Building Code is required.
• Understanding of Truss Plant Institute of Canada is an asset.
• Extremely detail oriented.
• Functional math and computer skills.
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent professional work ethic
• Must have a positive attitude and be a team player to support the team with demands and deadlines.
• Have a creative mindset and be able to think outside of the box.